Saturday, March 10, 2007

Poor BK

I did some touring with Ben Kweller a few years back. I really liked his music and he's a super nice guy. The bass player in Albert's band was BK's bass player then and he showed me BK's new video which he filmed himself. It consists solely of his 80-something year old grandmother dancing to his song in the fitness room at her condo in Florida. You can see it here. Scroll down to Ben Kweller on the list on the right. It's amazing.

While I was looking on YouTube for this video I came across this guy doing covers of 2 of BK's songs including what I think is his best song (In Other Words). If I ever had to bear witness to somebody doing to one of my songs what this kid does to Ben's, I would shed a thousand tears in mourning.



4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I am the guy in the video.. I realize I did Ben Kweller an injustice by attempting to sing his songs but why are people giving me positive feedback about the songs on youtube... I do not mean that in a smart ass way btw, but everytime i am about to remove the videos someone says something positive about my video which confuses the hell out of me because I know that they are not good.. Maybe the fault lies in the viewers b/c they cannot discern good singing from bad and they are doing BK an injustice by commenting on how I sound good... I am going to use that theory as my excuse as to why I have not removed those video's from youtube..

12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha, I am the guy in the video... I am actually coming to see ya'll play in April in New Orleans with Kings of Leon.. What a small world... Anyways, about the video.. I realize that everything I post on youtube is awful but I love the comments and drama that coincide with the criticism I receive from the viewers. I have a terrible voice and am kinda famous for it and think it is funny to see how serious people take these things... The fact that I have some positive comments on my wall might indicate that the people watching the video are doing BK injustice because they cannot distinguish between an incredible song composed by BK himself and a shitty cover by myself... Just a theory but I hate being shot down and I always try to say something in my own defense, although I think you have me on this one.....

12:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mocking people is awesome when you can censor anything they say in their own defense

6:35 PM  
Blogger JJL said...

First of all, Doug, I wasn't mocking you. Simply pointing out that I think something sucks doesn't constitute mocking. Secondly, I wasn't censoring you. It just took me awhile to get around to publishing your comments. If I were you I'd either stop putting videos on YouTube or stop worrying about what people say about them.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker