Thursday, February 22, 2007

One Week On...

So it was a week ago today that I got mowed down by a negligent cab driver. Cut down in the prime of my life. The overall 'everything hurts' soreness has mostly subsided and I'm left with a couple of more acute injuries. The x-rays say nothings broken but my leg feels differently. It's the only thing that feels worse as time goes on. My neck is still all fucked up but is slowly easing up. I went to physical therapy today and go back next week. Hopefully that will help things along. I'm due to leave on tour a week from tomorrow. I've been having doubts about being able to go but I think I'll have to muscle through. I shall "Cowboy Up" as the rednecks say. In the meantime I've been laying low, watching movies and maintaining my pain meds schedule. I've settled into a groove of Vicodin during the day and the stronger, sleepier Percocets at night. This basically means I haven't had a sober moment since I got hit. I hear lucidity is over rated anyway.

I've also started the legal end of this ordeal. I've been contacting attorneys and witnesses and records departments and whatnot. This blog may well devolve into a series of rants about the absurdist nature of our health care/insurance and legal systems. I'll try to keep it at bay as best I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker