Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Dark Of The Matinee


Sunday was the last day of the Noir City film festival. This is easily one of my favorite 'cultural events' in SF. I've missed it the last few years while I was working but this year I was home. It's 10 days of double feature Noir films shown at the Castro Theater. The Castro is one of the nicest theaters I've been in, and I've been in a few. It was built in the 20s and is one of the few old moviepalaces left in the country. They have a huge Wurlitzer pipe organ that a guy plays before movies and a great, huge screen. Easily my favorite place to see a movie. In all I saw 9 movies in 10 days. It's a lot of sitting in a theater but the movies were great, all dark and bleak. The ones I saw were: Raw Deal (1948), Cry Danger (1951), Framed (1947), I Love Trouble (1948), Pushover (1954), Scarlet Street (1945), Wicked Woman (1953), The Damned Don't Cry (1950) & Possessed (1947). Good times.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker