Friday, December 08, 2006

Back In The US & A



So I'm back in NY after a quick spin around the UK. It ended up being a great trip. The weather was good and everyone got on well. The gigs were fun and not too much work. There was lots of poker played and we had a great day off in Falmouth which is in Cornwall, my favorite part of England. It was great to be back with the Futureheads and the trip seemed too short if anything. Though the bus was tiny and cramped the bunks had windows that opened. I realize that only people who've lived on a tour bus will be able to appreciate that, but it makes a huge difference to have fresh air in a hallway where 9 men sleep, sweat and take off their shoes. I didn't take many pictures but here's a few of note...

While I wish I'd gotten a better shot, this is the sushi place in London where the Russian spy was poisoned. It's completely sealed off with a police guard and was almost finished being painted with the Itsu logo and a brief statement. It said something to the effect of "An international espionage incident has transformed this Itsu into a world famous meeting place. We are shocked and saddened but our staff and customers are marvelous. Thank you for your emails of support. Please visit our other location in (wherever that is)." We all found both the tone and sentiments to be odd at best and borderline offensive. A world famous meeting place? Visit our other location? Umm...ok.


This was a window display on Oxford street (one of the busiest shopping districts in London) and a close up of the photo of Tony Blair. Good stuff.




Our day off in Falmouth we were in a nice old hotel right on the sea with a great view of the water and the castle on the hill in the distance. I did quite a bit of wandering around and enjoyed some nature time. Here's the view from my room.


And this is the entrance to the castle (which was closed both times I went). I did get to walk around the moat and get a sense of how fortified these places are. I've never been in a moat before.


I just want to point out the laughability of the Ibis hotel slogan. If you've stayed at one, you'll understand why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker