Thursday, November 02, 2006

So Much For Homelife


Despite all my best intentions of taking the rest of the year off from touring and spending some real amount of time at home, I've managed to commit myself to being away for the rest of the year starting on Wednesday. First I go to LA for 5 days to do some promo with Damien Rice, then on to NYC for the same thing. The day after Thanksgiving I leave to fly to the UK for 2 weeks with the Futureheads. Then back to NYC to kill time until Xmas. Matt's going to be away on tour with Albert so I'll have his place while I'm there. So now my time in SF has once again turned into vacation time. I've been taking advantage of the rain by slowly getting the apt. together and seeing movies during the day. Today I saw Old Joy, a quiet sort of indie film about 2 old friends who venture out of Portland, OR into the woods to find a hot spring. It's one of those slow, moody films that most people would be bored by but I thought it was great. Yo La Tengo did the soundtrack which never hurts in my book. I just bought tickets to see Borat tomorrow night. I usually hate going to movies on opening night but Borat can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker