Thursday, November 30, 2006

Inspirado

“You can’t manufacture inspirado”….Tenacious D

I’ve obviously been slack on updating lately. I’d like to claim it’s because I’ve been too busy but it’s mostly been just a lack of inspiration, both to write and take pictures. I finished up with Damien Rice, spent a week off in NYC and flew to the UK for a 2 week tour with the Futureheads which is where I am now. Birmingham to be precise. It hasn’t been too bad given the time of year. The weather’s been better than it was in NY when I left and I’ve actually had 3 great meals in a row. 2 of them were Indian which is definitely your best hope of a good meal in the midlands of England. In fact, I’d wager they have the best Indian food anywhere outside of India. I had dinner at one of my absolute favorite restaurants last night in Wolverhampton of all places. It’s called Bilash and they have this award winning dish called Goan Tiger Prawn Masala. It’s ridiculously expensive given the current exchange rate but is easily one of the greatest things you could ever hope to put in your mouth. If you ever find yourself in the area, seek it out.

It’s been good to be back with the ‘Heads but I’m really losing my ability to cope with the constant touring. This is certainly not news to those who know me but it’s reaching a critical point. It’s more than a bit ironic that after all of my free-wheeling years of rejecting the wage-slave lifestyle that I’m just as locked in by money as anyone in a 9-5.
But hey, I get paid to go to Japan and Russia and meet people like Lou Reed and Dennis Hopper while I’m working. What’s a good day at your job? Exactly.

“So here’s to feeling good, and here’s to feeling bad. Here’s to feeling thankful and sorry for the pleasures that we had.”…Townes Van Zandt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker