Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Am Now Unemployed


Tonight was the last Strokes show of the year. It was a lame corporate red-carpet wank fest put on by Hennessey (the cognac). We played after Goldfrapp and before Kanye West. The building (Captiale) was pretty amazing. An old bank with crazy old huge vaults and massive ceilings with very ornate details. Unfortunately they crammed a stage and all kinds of tacky video shit in there. It was the definition of a clusterfuck. But now it's over and I'm actually a little sad. I'm happy to go home but I'm sad to leave NYC. Now I just need to figure out what to do for money. I'm thinking high-society jewel heist. I can wear a tux and a ski mask and carry a grappling hook. I definitely want a grappling hook.
So yeah, home tomorrow. Within the first 5 days I'm home I'll see Yo La Tengo, Neil Young, Gillian Welch, Brian Wilson and Pearl Jam among others. The forecast says 70 and sunny for the next week. Good times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for once i'm enjoying better weather than you, even though i'm sure you'd argue that san francisco weather is the best weather or something crazy like that.

funny thing is, i can't get over the fact that i'm missing fall. east coast 'til i die.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was the setlist?

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez...hard to find out what to do when u find yourself totally unemployed...still is nice to take a break even whent the job is incredibly amazing..so then it starts being sad...But u may need the rest so enjoy it!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker