Saturday, October 14, 2006

Movies

One of my favorite things to do when I have downtime in NY, SF or LA is go to movies, usually by myself during the day when all my friends are at their 9-to-5s. Here's what I've seen recently...

The Departed
: Just go. Amazing.

Little Miss Sunshine: Also highly recommended. Easily one of the best movies of the year. Steve Carell shows he's just plain talented and not just funny.

Half Nelson: I thought this was amazing though I think Alyson found it boring and depressing. It was depressing and very slow paced but it was incredibly acted and realistic. I think you'd have to really enjoy "film" to enjoy it.

American Hardcore
: We wandered into this after Half Nelson because it was raining out. It's an ok documentary about the early 80s hardcore scene. I liked it well enough although I wasn't into that music.

Looking forward to Borat and For Your Consideration. I could use a good laugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Borat and For your Consideration are definitely on the top of my list too, but I'm not sure For Your Consideration will get wide enough distribution to play in my little corner of the world .. And I'm right with you on "The Departed" .. simply amazing

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVED half nelson. then again, i love anything depressing. that little girl was great though.

i'm sad i didn't get to see little miss sunshine before i left the states.

last night we watched an ashley judd movie named twisted. it was horrible, but i was so excited to chill in front of a tv. american through and through.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked half nelson, c'mon anything with ryan whats his name in it. But, i couldn't get over the fact that i was waiting for him to do something fucked up to the little girl.. crack is whack! thankfully he didn't, and i can still love him.

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker