Sunday, March 02, 2008

Brisbane

After the good times that were New Zealand, it was time for team Ween to board the first of all-too-many Qantas flights and head to Australia. Brisbane to be precise. We got to the hotel, which was actually 'serviced apartments' to find one of the best hotel rooms I've ever had in my life. Considering that in 2005 I spent more nights at the Cumberland hotel in London than I did my own bed, I feel I have some authority to speak on hotel rooms. This hotel wasn't really even all that nice. It was fine, but a little cheap. But the room had this great balcony with an amazing view of some bridge and up the river a bit downtown Brisbane. On top of that the room had not only a kitchen but laundry machines. You people who don't tour can't possibly grasp the true gravity of this. I promptly went out to the supermarket for some supplies and spent the next 6 hours doing laundry, reading and eating on the patio. A fine way to land.
The Brisbane show was....actually I have no recollection of the show. I seem to remember it not being as good as the NZ shows but that might have just been because it was a bigger venue. Regardless, Ween played. I'm pretty sure of that.

Gener smokes where Gener wants...

How do you return it after you've used it?...

My view of Brisbane...

The Aussies really lionize AC/DC...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker