Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Port of Departure

Since the idea of flying all the way from NYC to Auckland in one shot seemed like utter madness, I decided to break up the journey with a few days in SF. This was one of my smarter decisions of late. I stayed with Val and borrowed Lucas' car, both of which were key. I got in Tuesday evening, on Wednesday I met Lexi to get the car key at Crepes on Cole, where I had my favorite french toast. Then I cruised up to Marin and did some walking around on Bolinas Ridge. I looped down through Stinson and back over to Mill Valley for lunch at Joe's Taco's, always a destination when I'm back in the area. On my way back to Val's I stopped at Baker Beach. The day topped off with drinks & sushi at Tsunami with Chad & Erin. Not too bad for a layover.

Foggy on the Ridge...

Me at Baker Beach. Note the naked man jogging in the background...
The next day Val & I went to the SFMoMA (after some always-delicious Zazie brunch). There was an exhibit by Olafur Eliasson, an Icelandic artist that does all kinds of crazy interactive stuff with light and whatnot. It was pretty sweet. We also saw a bunch of photography and stuff before getting tired and sick of the children and bailed.

The Kaliedescope Tunnel catwalk from 5 stories down...

Oooohh!!....

Val in the Room For All Colours...

That night we met up with Chad & Erin again to see the new "final" cut of Blade Runner at the Castro. It was pretty amazing, especially there. I love that theater so much.
On Friday I didn't have to leave for the airport until 3 so I drove out to the beach for a walk before jumping on the Muni...and the Bart...and then the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker