Monday, February 11, 2008

Cleared For Takeoff


The days are starting to slip by faster and faster as the day of departure approaches. Everyone keeps telling me how awesome this upcoming trip sounds, and I guess on paper it does. New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii... all great places to visit, especially in February/March. Of course the reality is that I'll mainly see these places' airports, hotels and venues. Oh and the insides of many, many planes for more hours in 3 weeks than most people spend in their lives. I'm doing my best to adjust my attitude and maximize my chances of enjoying myself, but it's a daunting prospect. Maybe I'll feel better on the other side of a 15 hour coach flight. On the plus side I'll get to spend a few days in SF on my way there. Not only does this serve to break up the journey (I couldn't bear the thought of the 24 hour travel day that is NY>Auckland) but it gives me some time in one of my many hometowns. I've already got my first 5 meals there planned.

In the meantime I've been lazing around NYC. Mom came to visit and we went to the Metropolitan museum. I've now been to 2 art museums in the last couple months. Of course these are the only times I've ever been to a museum in NY. I don't always take advantage of the places I live. The Met was amazing though.
Now it's crunch time. Less than 48hrs until liftoff. Laundry, packing...
The slow season is over.

"So goodbye, so long, the road calls me dear
And your tears cannot bind me anymore,
And farewell to the girl with the sun in her eyes
Can I kiss you, and then I'll be gone."
-Tom Waits

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gute reise jamie. fly safe and have fun

xo

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker