Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Did You See Me??

OK! After spending 2 days trying to remember my password to update this thing, I have succeeded and am ready to start this shit rolling again. I'm not sure what it was about the last few months but everytime I sat down to write for this thing I just bored myself thinking about it. Maybe my life's been too boring over the winter. After the joy of watching the Red Sox win another world series (which, for the second time felt anti-climactic after the absolute ecstasy of watching them beat the Yankees in the ALCS) I settled in for a long winter's nap. Or series of naps. I did another short tour of the northeast with Ween which was fun but apparently not worth mentioning here. I headed north to Vermont for Xmas which was nice. I definitely miss that sort of lifestyle and the solitude it affords. I took a nice long solo walk around Sodom Pond which is next to my sister's house. The fresh air, exercise and solitude went a long way.

Here's me contemplating it all...

And the abandoned truck I sat on to do so...

I just returned home from the last of the US Ween for a while. We did a little swing thru the southeast, ending with 3 shows in Florida. I couldn't help thinking as we drove across from St. Pete to Ft. Lauderdale that the whole place will be underwater in my lifetime. I count that as no great loss. Ween tour (and to a lesser degree, tour in general) is similar to how I've heard war described. Long periods of boredom punctuated with short bursts of terror (or in our case, rock). There's way too much downtime spent in places that have zero cultural offerings (and I'm not looking for museums and avant-garde film here, just a restaurant that isn't Nascar themed). So I spent a lot of time napping, reading, and watching Arrested Development DVDs.
I flew home just in time to watch the Patriots embarrass themselves and all of New England with a joke of a performance in the Superbowl. I could shrug that loss off so much easier if it weren't for the fact that a) the Giants are my second most hated team (after the Cowboys) and b) I live in NYC and have to be subjected to the douchebaggery that is NY sports fans. Whatever, the Yankees still choked far worse and the Giants don't even play in NY. They're from fucking Jersey for christ's sake. So now I'm enjoying the next couple weeks off before I head down under for a 'pacific rim' tour with Ween. We're doing New Zealand, Australia and Hawaii, which I know sounds great, and I'm sure it will be in its way. However, you can't imagine how much time I'll be spending on airplanes during that 3 weeks. I get sick just thinking about it. And on that note, I'll leave you with some (mostly) Ween pics.

This was the view from my hotel in St. Pete. It's where the Yankees do spring training. I couldn't help but daydream about sitting in that room and sniping Joba Chamberlain from the comfort of my desk chair...

Mickey digging in...

Dave sings Ace of Spades...

Rock 101: The big ending...

And take a bow...

The kids can't get enough...

2 Comments:

Blogger Iron Lung said...

glad to know you're not dead :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

happy to read something from you..
it's always interesting to follow you and those bands

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker