Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Up To Boston

On Sunday I rented a car and drove up to Boston to see the Red Sox play the Yankees. I hadn't been to Fenway in years (high school maybe) so I've been wanting to go for ages. I've been much more actively following baseball this season so it seemed like time to go. I paid way too much for tickets on Ebay and took my Dad for his wedding present. The weather was perfect and crisp. I wandered around Fenway taking pictures and soaking up the history. We ended up switching seats with some guy who wanted to sit near his kids which put us in the 2nd row of the fancy pavillion seats. They were up high but had a great view of the whole field. Plus the seats were roomy and comfortable, a far cry from the cramped, ancient wooden seats in the grandstand. Plus, there was waitress service. I took special enjoyment having delicious, hot clam chowder brought to my seat on a cool night. Small pleasures. The game was great with the exception of the Red Sox losing. It was a great pitching duel for most of the game between Roger Clemens and Curt Schilling. Schilling stayed in 1 pitch too long and with one swing that prick Jeter broke the tie with a 3 run home run. The Sox made a good run of it in the ninth though and got within 1 run with the bases loaded and David Ortiz up. He ended up flying out to end the game but at least it got exciting at the end. Of course the Sox are trying to find new ways to implode at the end of the season and are down to a 2 1/2 game lead for the division. Oh the pain of it all.

The view from our seats...

Yawkey Way...

Batting Practice...

Me, Dad & The Green Monster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker