Monday, December 18, 2006

What Is This "Normal" Life You Speak Of?


I've been in NYC for quite a while now, keeping to myself more than I should and trying to get my head around making the transition to a more stationary lifestyle. I'm truly at a loss with how to approach this. I see people leading this type of life all around me. They're in perpetual motion as well but it's all centered around a fixed point, usually containing their own bed & toilet. I have wanderlust to the point of it being a disorder while at the same time all I want is for my perpetual motion to be centered around a fixed point, preferably containing my bed and a toilet. The more I read the blogs of fellow "touring professionals" the more I realize this is a common feeling. When I'm on tour all I want is to be done, home and still. As soon I'm done, all I think about is going somewhere else. I'm afraid that I'm losing the ability to live a normal life and I'm starting to suspect I never had it. Regardless, I've come to the conclusion that NY is a far more likely place for me to pull this off than SF. As much as I love it there, it doesn't offer me much outside of it's general appeal. Maybe someday I'll be able to make it work there, but for now it looks like it's 'back east' for me. The idea of moving again, let alone across country, makes me want to carve my eyes out with a rusty spoon, but it seems this is my destiny.

In other news, I grew a beard. Not sure how long it'll last so I figured I'd immortalize it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker