Thursday, July 13, 2006

Amsterdam

Flew to Amsterdam from Edinburgh at 9:30am the day after T in the Park. Which meant getting to the hotel in Amsterdam by 1pm. Sweet.
Spent the day off getting laundry done and doing my usual routine of wandering by the canals, sitting (moving alternately from bench to cafe to coffeshop) and taking pictures.




I love this city. It's one of my favorites anywhere and I've been to some cities in my time. I've been strongly considering moving here, if only for a few months. The weather continued to be just about perfect (with the exception of Ireland). Matt & I had an amazing dinner at a Yamazato at the Hotel Okura. Matt got lobster sashimi and they served it on a plate with the front half of the lobster except the tail intact. The tail meat was scooped out and the shell was used as a dish. While I was eating this raw lobster meat the front half of the lobster moved. It moved again when Matt bumped it. This thing was already in my stomach and it was still moving. Now that's fresh.
The next day was the gig which was way out by the airport in an industrial area near the arena. It was good but uneventful. Was back at the hotel by 11:45 for a night in w/a nice smoke and 24 (my current DVD fixation).
The following day we had to leave at 7pm to go overnight to Austria. I was out of the hotel by 1, eating pancakes w/James and then spent the next 5 hours wandering Amsterdam. Another perfect day weather wise. Hit a few coffeeshops to stock up for the rest of the tour and got on the bus, or as I like to call it...The Tube of Sadness & Despair. 14hrs to Austria and I woke up to this...

What am I, a contruction worker? Keep in mind it's about 80 degrees and I now have 7 hours to kill here amongst the crushed gravel and port-a-potties.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic photos, my friend...

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker