Sunday, July 02, 2006

Festival Season Begins....

I'm going to Moscow tomorrow.
It feels really strange to say that.
I'm in a hotel in Copenhagen right now after doing Roskilde Festival today.
The Europe trip has been really fun so far.
I put it all down to the weather. It's been perfect so far the whole time we've been here. I've had a succesion of great days. I've been really feeling lucky to be able to see all the places I do. I've had some of the most amazing days in places I usually don't like (Germany, Paris, Copenhagen. I know...poor me). It feels good.
I've been wanting to write this blog for a while but, surprisingly, have remained largely unmotivated.
For my first entry I want to credit 2 blogs for inspiring me to actually get it together (for at least 1 post).
First is Dumb Nostalgia. When I started reading Lucas' blog it was like a taste of
hanging out with him but with less chance he might glue my shoes together or threaten to punch me in the neck. This was a revelation.



The other is Where Is The Hotel?
I found this through Dumb Nostalgia. It's by a guy I did a tour with a few years ago with Interpol.
It was one of the harshest tours I've done and I largely blamed him as he was the tour mgr.
I pretty much lost my shit and was an asshole on that tour, so I've always been pretty sure he thinks I'm a dick.
I never thought he was a dick, only that he was making my life hell. I'm sure I was projecting.
Anyway, his blog made me realize he's probably one of the .05% of people in this business that I could actually relate to. So here's to him. May his bunk always be long enough.

So I'm gonna try and post a bunch of my favorite photos from the last year or so. I haven't taken as many this year as last, but I'm trying. Now I must sleep. 7am to Moscow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker