Friday, July 07, 2006

Check 1...2...

My first attempt at posting music.

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings make some of my favorite music of all time. Simple but so perfectly delivered I can barely stand it. Here's a couple live covers that are amazing. The first is by Townes Van Zandt and the other is a Radiohead song.
Gillian Welch-Pancho & Lefty
Gillian Welch-Black Star

Yo La Tengo
also make some of favorite music ever. This is a beautiful acoustic version of Cherry Chapstick from a live on-air radio show in Australia.
Yo La Tengo-Cherry Chapstick

This is Cat Power doing a sparse version of the Velvet Underground's I Found A Reason. She only does parts of it but it's gorgeous. She has one of the sexiest voices ever.
Cat Power-I Found A Reason

The Strokes recently did Later with Jools Holland and Cat Power & The Flaming Lips were on. Cat Power was completely captivating. I fell in love with her that day. The Flaming Lips sounded huge and did a great version of War Pigs. You can watch them here:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker