Thursday, August 09, 2007

Costa del Sol

First of all, the best news...
I sold my car. I got more than I thought I would too which was a much needed bonus. So anyway, that's done. Yippee.

So after a few quick days in NYC I was off once again to Newark to board yet another jet, this time to Lisbon. We flew overnight which always throws my sleep rhythms even further out of whack than they typically are. I hid away in the hotel and napped until the next morning when Matt & I had to venture back to the airport to pick up a rental car. We followed the festival vans the 2+ hours to the festival site, where we had a pleasant, if uneventful, day and early gig.

This frog was a mascot for the weird walk-thru, see-thru shower thing at the festival in Portugal. First I'd seen that...


First time I'd seen this too. These crazy fuckers strap you in a little car which is on a platform attached to a crane. They then proceed to raise it up and drop said car god-knows-how-many feet (or meters, or metres) where it ends up dangling from a bungee cord. Someone said that Portugal is the only country where it's legal. Shocking.


Afterwards Matt & I jumped in our little VW Polo and followed Albert, Lisa and Albert's parents for almost 6 hours down the coast of Portugal and along the sea to Sotogrande, Spain where they have a place (Albert's dad grew up near there). We stayed in a nice little hotel next door to his parents' condo. It was right on a marina with all kinds of yachts and expensive cars everywhere you look. We got right down to sleeping late, lounging on the beach and eating delicious seafood for 3 days. It was supremely pleasant and the Hammond's were not only gracious and generous but also fun.

Nothing like a thatched umbrella to set the tone...


The rock of Gibraltar in the distance...

La Cerveza en La Playa...


Sunset...


Out the front of the hotel...



It all ended way too quickly and we were off to the airport in Malaga to fly to Sweden to get back to work. So tomorrow it's back into festival/bus/club world which means tonight I stay in and watch stuff on my laptop and eat snacks. I'm pretty sure I paid $122 for a bag of Doritos and an apple. Gotta love scandinavia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, thats Sapo(Frog), the image of an Internet enterprise..Its quite expensive btw :$
Hope you guys had fun at the fest.
;)

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker