Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ithaca is Gorges


Like molassees running uphill in January. That's how time seems to be passing on this tour. I feel like I'm lying awake at 5am staring at the clock watching it change once a minute only it only changes once a day. After a night off in Ithaca we had a show at Barton Hall on the campus of Cornell.
While I enjoyed this for a certain historical reason that I kept mostly to myself, the building is perfectly designed to make music sound like shit. Couple that with the always entertaining element of using completely inexperienced Ivy League students to do the bulk of the labor and it was one of those "my-entire-career-has-been-pointless" days. I did manage to sneak off between soundcheck and the show with my friend Leslie to see one of Ithaca's famous gorges. I've known Leslie for 14 years and hadn't seen her in over 10. She took me into a gorge that was right in the middle of town. I couldn't believe such an amazing spot used the same parking lot as a Japanese restaurant.

Leslie descends...


Waterfall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker