Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Summer In The City

I was supposed to fly from Dublin to Newark, go home for 3 hrs, fly from JFK to LA, stay overnight there, then fly to Australia to start the Albert tour. However, the whole thing cancelled on a couple days notice so I went home and sat on my ass for about 3 weeks. I made the best of it and saw lots of movies and shows. I saw the Police play their "last show ever" at MSG, which was pretty great despite sound that seemed to indicate that there was no bass or drums in the band. Oh well, it's not like the rhythm section is vital to that band's sound or anything. I also saw Radiohead a couple of times, once at a festival in Liberty State Park and once down in Camden, NJ. Both were stellar as usual and strangely, both involved a ferry ride.

NYC from Liberty State Park...
Kerri on the ferry to Philly...

Then it was Wilco at McCarren Pool in Brooklyn which was also stellar. It had the added bonus of seeing Tim Robbins pass out (twice) and seeing Susan Sarandon try and balance her concern for him with her desire to watch the show. He's a big man and went down hard.

I was getting antsy so I booked a little California vacation. I hit LA for a few days just visiting with friends and cruising up the 1 in a convertible then flew up to SF where I saw both Radiohead & Tom Petty in the park, did some camping and some visiting before heading back home in time to jump a train up to Boston for a couple Sox games and have a few days home before heading back out on Dandy's tour. It was a fine way to close out the summer. Here's some pictures I took at Baker Beach.


This girl was doing some ballet-like dance with the waves. She was quite graceful and while it was a bit corny, looked pretty sweet silhouetted against the sunset...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker