Monday, June 30, 2008

Staring At The Sea

After a couple post-Euro weeks in NYC, I headed up to Maine to spend a week at my dad’s cottage in Ocean Point. It’s rare that I get to spend time there in the summer as I’m usually working, so I made sure to take advantage of the opportunity. I ended up spending 5 nights there by myself, mostly focused on gorging on local delicacies, watching Red Sox games and enjoying the lack of city noise. I spent a good bit of time advancing my first tour as a production manager. I won’t bore you with what that means, suffice to say it involves lots of emails and excel spreadsheets. It also involves getting paid more, which I like. It was one of the most relaxing weeks I’ve had in ages. The tourist season hadn’t really arrived and the solitude felt particularly good after life in Alphabet City. I got 2 lobsters one day for lunch and got so much meat out of them that I had a big pile of lobster meat to use the next day for breakfast. Nothing wrong with a lobster, avocado & Grafton 4-year cheddar scramble to start your day. In keeping with the theme of overdoing local eats, I made a tasty dinner one night of broiled haddock (the best whitefish there is) and fiddleheads. I also consumed approximately 2 gallons of chowder over the course of the week. If you’ve never had seafood in Maine, you don’t know shit about seafood. And with that, I’ll leave you with pictures of food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker